This webinar will review the basic factors of influence on inspection and the nature of visual inspection errors, then quickly move to the subject of repeated inspections. Topics to be discussed include:
- Checking the parts successively as parts move through processing: Why does stuff still get missed? What can I do about it?
- Containment sorts: Why does stuff still get missed? What can I do about it?
- Third-party sorts: How do they find stuff we missed? How do I protect myself against false alarms?
- If checking twice is good, is three times better?
- What if I check my reject pile? Aren’t there good ones in there by mistake?
The goal of the workshop is to provide attendees with practical steps to take to improve effectiveness of visual inspections when a second inspection is necessary and to help people have a framework of understanding why repeated inspections work – or don’t work effectively.’